Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 12 Reading Notes: Lang's European Fairy Tales I Part A


(Puss in Boots Image sourced from blog)

I chose to read Lang’s European Fairy Tales I. This unit specifically caught my attention because the readings came from all over Europe; Europe holds a special place in my heart. I’ve read a majority of these stories before doing my childhood but reading them at 21 years old allowed me to read them in a new light with a different perspective.

After reading through Part A, I realized that these stories are longer in length and hold great detail. There is also more dialogue between the characters than in past stories. The verbiage used in these passages allow for detailed imagery that furthers the plot.


These tactics will be used in the stories that I write.

Bibliography:
Lang's European Fairy Tales I Part A, link to online reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment