Sunday, November 27, 2016

Famous Last Words: Moving Forward

(Personal Image taken in November of 2016)

I feel like the assignment title famous last words is fitting for these next few weeks. This semester has been full of lasts, last semester, last OUTX weekend, last football game, last class, last time all my friends are in one place during the same season of life.

I am about to embark on the greatest adventure yet, the real world. On New Year’s Day, I hop on a plane with two suitcases in hand and a new life ahead of me. I’m on the threshold of starting over in New York City. I’ve accepted an offer from my dream agency and have purchased my one-way ticket. As I look back on what I’ve accomplished in this semester and throughout my time at college there are mountains and valleys. I hope that when I graduate in a few short weeks that I feel as if I had done my best, that I was intentional in every and all relationships, and that I wore my heart out on my sleeve and left it all on the table.

Oklahoma, you’ve taught me what it meant to love others well, what it looked like to pick up the pieces of a broken heart, and what it felt like to rely on the Lord throughout it all. New York, I’m looking forward to molding and growing within the concrete jungle, to finding myself on long walks through Central park, and to building a new life from the ground up.

Thanks for the foundation Oklahoma, now it is time to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment