Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Reading Notes: English Tales Part B

(Personal Image taken in London, England 2016)


After reading all of Part A and moving into Part B of the English Tales I noticed that there were many similarities and just a few differences.


Mythical creatures were still relevant and animals such as chickens and hens were giving the ability to talk. However, I paid more attention to the sentence structure and rhyming in each of the stories. I came to the realization that each of the stories was almost song like. The variety in sentence length gave them a new sort of depth that I hadn’t noticed before.


This is something that I could work on in stories of my own. I often like to stick to parallel structure and I don’t use much differentiation in sentence length.


Bibliography:
English Tales Part A, link to online reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment