Sunday, August 28, 2016

Starting the Semester



(Personal image of my handy-dandy planner and my favorite cactus Bryn taken in January 2016)


The fact that i’m sitting here trying to type out semester-tips is hilarious to me considering I’m a senior, in my last semester of college, and still have yet to figure it out. I think my biggest piece of advice is to roll with the punches and to relax. Things are sometimes not going to go your way. You might not get into that class you desperately need to or you may not get a 4.0 every semester (or any semester for that matter) but in the end it’s going to work out. I promise.


I often work myself up about classes and the semester ahead and to be honest that doesn’t do me any good. I found that going and talking with my advisor (whom I have a great relationship with, shout out to my girl Kathy) more than once a semester is a huge help. Academic Advisors are there for you and to get you out of college, so go and utilize them. You never know they might get you out of college a semester early, like mine did.


Another useful tip is to get an old school planner and write in every assignment, meeting, and social function you’re going to. I live and breath by my planner, I honestly don’t know what I would do without it. There are digital calendars out there but you never know what might get deleted or lost, that’s why I personally believe in a planner that you write in and carry with you every where you go.


All in all there is no right or wrong tip on how to start the semester, you just have to find what fits you and what you groove to. Organization looks different to everyone, but it’s key you find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment